Are you finding it difficult to change your name on Facebook? I want to assure you that it is very easy to change your name on Facebook. The question, “How do I change my name on facebook” is often asked by many Facebook users as there are frequent situation that demands it. For instance, after most people get married, it is most likely that they will want to change their name. Also you can easily change your profile name on Facebook if you don’t want to be identified with your birth name or you want to tune your name to be more informal like changing “Benedict” to “Ben”.
However, it is important to note that there is some policy that guides Facebook name change. For instance: Facebook requires that even though you need to modify or edit your name, you should go by the name you use in your everyday life. Moreover, Its normal for you to want to opt out of the normal formal name you have on your Birth certificate to answering your A.K.A. on Facebook.
Policies Guiding Facebook Name Change
The fact that Facebook permits name change should not make us overlook the fact that there are rules you should adhere to. Below is a list of things you can’t use.
- You can’t use characters from multiple languages.
- You’re not permitted to use unpleasant or suggestive words in whatever way.
- Numbers, symbols, punctuation, unusual capitalization should not be used.
- You can’t also make use of titles of whatever kind.
- Replacing name with words or phrases is not allowed.
All these listed above is what we should keep in mind when we are looking forward to getting a name change on our profile.
How to Change my Name on Facebook
I will like to make it very clear to us that Facebook don’t have any issue with your name change as far as you are doing it right. That is, you’re not making it too ridiculous or going against their policy for Facebook name change.
Below are simple steps on how to change your name on Facebook
- Log on to your Facebook account www.facebook.com and click on the downward arrow on the top right of your screen.
- Click on “Settings” from the list of items displayed.
- You will be redirected to General Account Settings” page. Click on “Edit” name.
- Input the new name you want on the tabs that comes on display.
- Then you click on “Review Changes” just below the screen you are at.
- Enter your Password for security check and click on “Save Changes”
That is just the simple steps to use in changing your name to your desired name on this platform.
Add a Nickname to your Facebook Name
Facebook is a very flexible social platform. Adaptable to the demands of its users. Adding other names will help people find you easily in search. Nevertheless, for those that either want to search you through your maiden or married name. If you choose to attach a nickname, professional name or a not so popular name; here is what to do:
- Click on the tab “Add Other Names” on screen of name settings.
- Then you will need to tap on “Add A Nickname, A Birth Name”.
- Carefully select the kind of name you want to add to your Facebook profile from the dropdown.
- Then enter on the display tab, whatever name you want to also be known as on Facebook.
- Tab on “Save Changes” and eventually the new name will be added to your Facebook Profile.
To confirm that your other name has been successfully added to your Facebook profile name before leaving that page, check the show at the top of profile checkbox. Your added name will be displayed in brackets after your Facebook profile name. For instance, Sandra Gilbert (Tasha).